The Science of Medical Cannabis Australia
To understand the science of medical cannabis derived medicine one must first be introduced to the powerful regulatory system responsible for delivering the medicinal effects of cannabis to the human body. Many people are unaware of the existence of this system. This is likely due to the fact that it was only discovered in 1988 by an American scientist by the name of Allyn Howlett, Ph.D.
The science of medical cannabis begins with the Endocannabinoid System
- Central control of energy balance
- Influences multiple physiological processes
- Modulates energy intake
- Nutrient transport
- Maintaining Homeostasis
The Endocannabinoid System
The endocannabinoid system is a powerful regulatory system within each and every one of us. It affects many necessary biological processes, and reacts to the medicine in cannabis (cannabinoids) due to the presence of specialised receptors within the human brain and throughout the entire body.
- Every human being has an ENDOCANNABINOID SYSTEM
- Every human being has specialised receptors called CANNABINOID RECEPTORS or CB RECEPTORS located throughout the brain and body.
- Every human being has their very own ENDOGENOUS CANNABINOIDS or ENDOCANNABINOIDS. These molecules are similar in shape to PHYTOCANNABINOIDS and interact with the bodies cannabinoid receptors.
- Within Cannabis are very powerful cannabinoid compounds that when cultivated, extracted, purified and compounded with exacting pharmacological precision and sterility,….. Every human being has the potential to treat and heal their body with Cannabinoid Medicine such as that which we provide here at MCCA.